I have spent much of the summer working at Berkeley Screenprint Company, which I am taking over as of September 1. I am a printing junky, but this is a very different type of work than I have been doing. I am not certain yet how I am going to proceed, except to keep it much the same at first. I have so many ideas, and plenty of room to try them out. Luckily, the previous owner is still around generating work and helping with the transition. At home I printed 30 more invitations to my closing show on the Epson 1400—I accidentally printed the same thing on both sides of 8 of them. Not acceptable! There seems to be a 25% failure rate in my printing process, which doesn’t bode well for a print-shop business model. I am using beautiful Staples Mat Brochure paper for business cards. I printed another batch with the possum family singers schedule ( Baltic 2nd Thursday/Chester’s 4th Thursday) on back, using Photoshop– They look great. I spent half an hour trouble-shooting my auxiliary printer which I discovered was jammed due to a tiny rubber snake which had fallen into the platen. This is not what I meant by bringing odd animals into my work.
Leave a Reply